This group meets monthly on Sundays and seven times a year. To conclude, there is a show in a live music venue.
We work on our own compositions through specific assignments and on arrangements for 2 or more wind players/singers and rhythm section, using intro, coda and more. The content can be adapted or supplemented with suggestions from the participant group.
Emphasis is on:
- Compositions, based on contrafacts, i.e. existing chord progressions such as Honeysuckle Rose (F. Waller), Mineurblues, in addition to putting theoretical knowledge into practice with insertion of non-diatonic chords, modulations to related and less related keys, variations on I - VI - II - V with diminished chords and more
- Free forms of composition
- Working out a horizontal arrangement regarding the form (intro / A&B section / Bridge / Interlude / etc.)
- Working out a vertical arrangement for the horns and rhythm section
- Implement all kinds of music apps such as MuseScore, iRealPro, GarageBand and more
We start at 10.30 a.m., have lunch on site from 12.30 - 13.30 p.m. and then continue until 3.30 p.m.
More info via firstname.lastname@example.org